Andrew's gear

Special Messages from Disciple to the members.

Moderator: Bouncers

Re: Andrew's gear

Postby FORGED BY FIRE » Tue May 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Zero wrote:Image
My new baby in about a week... :p

I like the natural finish, but the pickup cover would drive me nuts. Seems like I would get in the way of picking certain harmonics and I like freedom to pick on certain different areas of the string to produce different timbres. Also looks like it would make fast slapping and popping a pain. That bridge cover also seems like a pain in the rear. That would suck if a string popped at a gig and you had that thing in the way. I like the fretboard markers on the maple, thats pretty classy. Is that black binding on there? thats pretty cool.
FORGED BY FIRE

Postby Zero » Tue May 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Yeah, not too sure about whether I'm gonna leave the covers on or not. For $150, I'd say it's a steal if it plays nice. I could always add active pickups or a preamp system later if I don't like the sound
Casey Roberts Photography http://caseyroberts.co.cc
Zero

Postby FORGED BY FIRE » Wed May 07, 2008 10:37 am

wow 150! that is a steal. Cant beat that.
FORGED BY FIRE

Postby crazytom » Wed May 07, 2008 2:29 pm

I could get like 10 or 12 of those for one of my basses!
GUNS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 strings to rule them all and in darkness bind them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa7ev8lKz8A
crazytom

Postby kutlessrocker » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Nice gear Andrew.
kutlessrocker

Postby mmdring » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:39 pm

Hey, nice guitar the other night! PRS Goldtop? Tell us all about it!
mmdring

Postby dmetalfreak » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:05 pm

thats some pretty nice gear :cool:
My Gear: Ibanez RG 120-WH, Crate RFX 15, Digitech RP90 Multi-Effects Pedal
dmetalfreak

Postby AndrewWelch » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 pm

[quote]Hey, nice guitar the other night! PRS Goldtop? Tell us all about it!/quote]

sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

yeah it's a PRS SC245 with a wide/fat neck. pickups are HFS in the bridge and McCarty in the neck. it feels freakin' awesome. the wide/fat neck feels kinda similar to the neck on the Gibson Custom Les Paul 59 which gives it a really big resonant tone...not quite as deep as the Gibson neck though. i was skeptical about the HFS at first...i ordered a Dragon II in the bridge but they sent the HFS...and it actually sounds really good. a little hotter than i was looking for but it works for Disciple. my only complaint is the volumes are impossible to match with the two pickups. i can't raise the neck pickup close enough to the strings to match the volume of the bridge...and lowering the bridge sucks all the guts out of it...so that sucks. but overall i love the guitar. i looks amazing, even though Israel dominated it with his tuning peg the second show i ever played with it...awesome guitar though.
JOHN 3:30
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

Postby Rebel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:04 pm

AndrewWelch wrote:i looks amazing, even though Israel dominated it with his tuning peg the second show i ever played with it...awesome guitar though.

Bass players... :lol:

My Dad (who plays bass) nearly decapitated the girl running sound with his headstock once in Church.
My guitar rig: Fender Standard Strat or Squier Strat with Texas Specials>>SBN Screamin' Eagle>>Dunlop Classic Wah>>Boss TR-2 Tremolo>>Fender Deluxe VM
Rebel

Postby Jman777 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Well it's not hard to do....I've hit my brother alot of times with the tuning machines/headstock of my bass by turning around and not seeing him. :blush:
Go read the story I'm writing.

http://jmanshistory.blogspot.com/
Jman777

Postby crazytom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Of the 7 years I've been playing bass I have never once hit anyone. Out of all the shows I've played and all the running around on stage I've never done it.
GUNS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 strings to rule them all and in darkness bind them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa7ev8lKz8A
crazytom

Postby mhayes099 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:42 pm

What pickups do you use in the les paul?

Thanks

Michael
mhayes099

Postby mmdring » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey Andrew, give us the skinny on the ES 335 you were playing the other night! And the Marshall Amp heads and cabs! Nice stuff!
mmdring

Postby Rebel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 pm

An ES 335? Nice! :cool:
My guitar rig: Fender Standard Strat or Squier Strat with Texas Specials>>SBN Screamin' Eagle>>Dunlop Classic Wah>>Boss TR-2 Tremolo>>Fender Deluxe VM
Rebel

Postby Billy Bob » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Hey Andrew,

I saw a show a while back in Orange, Texas. On May 9th or something. You were playing this awesome red Tele with a black pickguard and some EMG's in it. It looked and sounded amazing! Would you telling me some more about it? Thanks man, and rock on!
Billy Bob

Postby mmdring » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:44 pm

And are you still rocking the Orange Tiny Terror, or using only the Marshalls? Have you seen the new Orange Dual Terror? 2 channels, twice the fun!
mmdring

Postby AndrewWelch » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:23 am

i really need to start checking this thread more often.

as far as amp set-up goes there have been some changes:
i'm still using my Mesa Dual Rectifier but i'm also running an original 1985 (that's right....it's older than me) Marshall JCM 800 2203. i run them stereo and they're each running their own Mesa Rectifier 4x12 cab.

as far as guitars go:
my Les Paul has Burstbucker Pros in it...but i don't use it live anymore. right now my main guitar is a red 50s reissue Fender Telecaster with EMG 81 and 85s. i'm not a huge fan of EMGs, but they definitely work for Disciple (obviously). i also use a cherry Gibson ES-335 for the slower jams (After the World, Lay My Burdens, Whatever Reason, etc.) and as my backup. it has Gibson '57 Classic pickups and sounds a-freakin'-mazing. it's the replacement for my stolen guitar thanks to subboy!!!! i love it infinitely more than the one that was stolen.

i'm sure there's been some changes to my pedal board since i listed my gear too so i'll go ahead and update just in case:
not a lot to mention....planet waves pedal tuner, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez TS9, Boss DD-20.
nothing too crazy.

i still use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkys and the 1mm Dunlop Tortex picks.

i'll take some photos of everything soon too and post those.
JOHN 3:30
AndrewWelch
Bouncer

Postby Polish Tom » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 am

AndrewWelch wrote:

You'd better. ;)
"Don't let the devil speak. Don't let the demons take us." - TDWP

"In paradise remember me. Romance me. Ransom me." - Disciple
Polish Tom
Administrator

Postby marcus.fougere » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:42 am

AndrewWelch wrote:i really need to start checking this thread more often.

as far as amp set-up goes there have been some changes:
i'm still using my Mesa Dual Rectifier but i'm also running an original 1985 (that's right....it's older than me) Marshall JCM 800 2203. i run them stereo and they're each running their own Mesa Rectifier 4x12 cab.

as far as guitars go:
my Les Paul has Burstbucker Pros in it...but i don't use it live anymore. right now my main guitar is a red 50s reissue Fender Telecaster with EMG 81 and 85s. i'm not a huge fan of EMGs, but they definitely work for Disciple (obviously). i also use a cherry Gibson ES-335 for the slower jams (After the World, Lay My Burdens, Whatever Reason, etc.) and as my backup. it has Gibson '57 Classic pickups and sounds a-freakin'-mazing. it's the replacement for my stolen guitar thanks to subboy!!!! i love it infinitely more than the one that was stolen.

i'm sure there's been some changes to my pedal board since i listed my gear too so i'll go ahead and update just in case:
not a lot to mention....planet waves pedal tuner, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez TS9, Boss DD-20.
nothing too crazy.

i still use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkys and the 1mm Dunlop Tortex picks.

ts9 got the 808 mod? and pictures would be grand!!
marcus.fougere

Postby SchecterSolo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks Andrew for gear post. I recently discovered Disciple's music and instantly fell in love with it. "Southern Hospitality" has got to be the best album ever written. My style lends itself towards southern rock, so you can imagine my happiness when I found it coupled with Christian values. After listening to "Lay My Burdens", I knew that had to be a Mesa, but I was surprised to see you run it through a Marshall cab. Would you say that's what gave you that precise bluesy tone?

Guys, seriously....GREAT JOB!! May God continue to bless your lives and allow people to see that He doesn't live in a box, evident by your music.
SchecterSolo

PreviousNext

Return to From the Band